Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros and Cons

Now that I have been a stay at home mom for a couple months now, I thought I'd let you know the pros and cons. Let's start with the Cons:

- I sometimes quite often forget what day of the week it is.
- Now that I'm home, Colton is a major momma's boy and it's hard to leave him places.

Hmm...well that's all I can think of so far. Now onto the Pros:

- I get to spend all day with Colton, which means I don't miss out on any firsts.
- When Adam is not on shift, we get to all 3 get to spend time together.
- Colton has learned so many new things! He is saying quite a few words and he is catching on to things we say and do ALL the time!
- I get to cook most all of our meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) - yes I cook lunch too
- We have some house projects that we're getting to do.
- We get to go to Wisconsin pretty much any time we want and don't have to worry about me taking off work for it and how to use PTO.
- I get to be the mom and wife I want to be.
- Most importantly, we get A LOT of family time that can never be replaced.

Obviously the pros seriously outweigh the cons. I am so very greatful that I have an amazing husband that is willing to work hard so that I am able to stay home. Yes, sometimes, Colton has a grumpy day and wants to be held and yes, it can get stressful, but I there is nothing better than being able to spend all day with him. And most recently, it melts my heart to hear him say "Momma". Of course, I enjoy my time with Adam too. I absolutely love being home when he has his days off. It's especially really nice to be home when he has his 4 days off in a row. While I was working, there were many weeks when he had his 4 days off during the week, so we only had evenings together. So this is so much better and I am a MUCH happier person! I have Adam to thank for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment