Monday, December 5, 2011

Trip to Wisconsin

Yikes, it's been a while since my last post. We've been busy around here. (I feel like I say that a lot) Anyway, after my last post, a couple days later, we went to Wisconsin. We got there Thursday afternoon and immediately went to the store to see Mary and Al (Grandma and Grandpa). Of course they were super excited to see Mr. Colton, and us too I guess ;) but let's face it, they just wanted to see the little man. As I said before, Adam went up to hunt and Colton and I hung out with everyone. Thursday afternoon/night was pretty relaxed. We were tired from the trip, so relaxing is good. We had to "baby proof" the house. We forgot a baby gate for the stairs, so we Adam came up with a little barrier.

 He looks happy, but he wanted to go up the stairs so badly and got so irritated that he wasn't able to. He was quite the little trooper and did really well on the way up. Of course, he got tired of being in the car, but after 12 hours, who doesn't? He was a worn out boy and had some catching up on sleep to do...

The next day, we went to visit Adam's Grandpa and we went to get a few items that Adam still needed for hunting, and went to Kelsey's (my sister in law) new house. Adam was like a giddy little boy on Christmas morning, waiting to go hunt! It had been 3 years since he had been with this group of guys, so to say he was excited, is an understatement. He left Friday evening with his friend Matt. I've never seen him want to leave so fast.

Saturday, Colton and I went to Kelsey's house for the morning.  Colton got to play with her boyfriend's little boys. He had a blast playing with them and with their toys!


We stayed there for a while, until Colton was exhausted, then we headed back to the house for nap time. Which ended up being nap time for me as well. That afternoon, Mary, Katie, Colton and I headed to where Adam was staying with everyone, so we "could see the deer."  Not gonna lie...I wasn't exactly excited to see dead deer...hanging...possibly skinned. Ew. But Adam wanted to show us, so we went. Yes, it was gross...I won't go into details, but I will be fine if I never see that again.


Ok, I apologize for the graphic photo. I didn't realize that was in the background. Like I said, EW! We didn't stay long, because it was pretty chilly outside. We went back home and had an amazing dinner. I will say, one of my favorite things about going up there, is the yummy food! My mother in law is a great cook! I love the food! She also, always has great dips and snack food! Seriously great!!! But on the downside...I come back with a couple lbs attached as well.

Sunday, they hosted a Packer Party. Which, of course meant, more great food! I think I seriously ate for a solid 3 hours. Just munched and munched and munched. Adam decided to come back as well. Which was good, since we were leaving that evening. We visited with family and friends some more until it was time for us to head back home.

We had a great trip! I enjoyed spending time with my in laws (without Adam for a change) and I KNOW he had a good time hunting. I'm sad we weren't able to see more friends. Hopefully we'll be up again very soon and we'll get to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment