Monday, April 8, 2013

Girls Day

Saturday, I took a little day trip to Dallas with my friend Betsy. We went down to go shopping at Ikea. So that meant, Adam was solo with the boys all day. This was the first time he was with them alone for more than 3 hours. Honestly, I thought it was going to be hard on me, but it wasn't at all!

Betsy picked me up around 7:40 and we made it to Ikea by 10:20. This was my first trip to Ikea and I was so excited!!! Betsy majored in interior design and has such cute taste, so we were going to get new home decor for our house. Adam and I were both ready for a change. I cannot even tell you how much I LOVE this store!!! Oh my goodness! It's great!

We shopped for a while, then her mom met us there to have lunch (there's a restaurant in the store). After lunch, we went back to shopping. We were there for about 4 hours and I could've shopped longer!

We got back in the car, stopped for gas, then headed back. I got home around 5:30 and was pooped! I was super excited to see the boys too. Adam said they had a good day and the boys did great.

In all honesty, I kinda needed a girls day. I absolutely love staying home with the boys and wouldn't trade it for anything, but every now and then, it's good for me to get away for a bit with some friends. I can't wait to get the new decorations completely put up and put away! We had so much fun and hopefully more girls days will be in our future!


No comments:

Post a Comment