Friday, November 4, 2011

October

October was a big month! There were birthdays, engagements, tailgating and running. Of course, we had Colton's 1st birthday (there was a post about that on the wordpress blog). We also celebrated my Grandma's 85th birthday! Her favorite restaurant is Charlestons, so that's where we went.

So yummy! Also, that week, one of my best friends got engaged!! Sooooo excited for her! He is so good to her and I could not picture her with anyone else. I'm extremely happy for her and can't wait until the wedding (which she already has planning well underway). To celebrate, we went to Sushi Neko, we love sushi! We also went to Nova for a drink afterwards. It was such a great evening and talked all things wedding. It was nice to catch up and hear how excited she is and see her smile from ear to ear.




Jeremy did so good and surprised her! We also had another birthday celebration. My mom! We went to dinner at Othello's in Edmond. I've never been there and I loved the restaurant. It was so cute and the food was very good!


The very next morning, Matt, Mallory, Adam and I were running in a race. The Monster Dash in Norman. Of course, my friend/co-worker was running too. I'd like to say we run together, but she's pretty quick, so we start together and she waits at the finish line for me. This run was VERY COLD, but so fun, because my family was running too!


Adam finished first in just under 24 minutes, Matt was shortly after, around 27 minutes, Crystal was on his tail and Mallory and I finished a little later. I stuck with her since she hadn't ran in a long time, this was her first race and it was COLD! We finished together at 35 minutes. Not bad for her first race. Hopefully I can talk them into running more...once it warms up again. It was a fun race and it was nice to get back out there and run.

Right after the run, Adam and I hurried home, got ready and went to Stillwater to tailgate with his friends. It warmed up a little and we had such a good time! I saw a friend I hadn't seen since she got married last May, we saw Adam's old roommate and our friends Lindsay and Branden, as well as tailgating with our friends. I've been to Stillwater, but never to tailgate.





October was such a great month! A lot of wonderful memories! I think November is going to be a good month as well...it's started out well and we have plans that I'm really looking forward to.

Hopefully last month was great for you too! Have a wonderful first weekend of November. There are so many things to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment