Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our New Normal

Well here we are, 2 weeks after Corbin joined our family and I think we're all getting used to each other. Colton plays with his toys (even the loud one) just like nothing is different. He still wants to see "baby" when he wakes up in the mornings, he kisses him and still tells him he loves him. He likes to watch me change his diaper. He always wants to give Corbin his paci. He brings us a burp rag. He loves to gently play with his hair. There are some times, especially when he's tired, that he gets a tad jealous if I'm holding or feeding Corbin. When Corbin is sleeping, I lay him down so Colton and I can have our time. We will either watch Mickey, read books or play.

I'm not going to sugar coat anything and say having a 2 year old and an infant is easy, because it's not. At least not to me. Nights are especially difficult. Adam is still home but that's one thing that I'm particularly not looking forward to when he goes back to work. Colton gets a huge surge or energy right before bed and it's a little hard to get him to calm down.

I have a week to get in the groove of things before Adam returns to work. For the past 2 weeks, we've switched off watching the boys while the other does whatever they need to do. I need to figure out how to do these things without help. I'm sure it won't be as bad/stressful as I think it's going to be. There will probably be a few tears the first couple times he's on shift though. People do it all the time and I'm sure I can handle it. Although, I think Colton may have a hard time with his dad being gone.

We will shortly figure out our new normal. Right now, it's going really well and I'm finally feeling like myself again. I'm just so glad that Colton likes his brother. I was worried about how he would react towards a baby. I'm proud of him.

We have a new bedtime routine that starts about 8:00. I look forward to that time because that means I get to sleep soon ;) I'll keep you posted about how things go! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment