Thursday, October 4, 2012

Trying again

January was the last time I wrote a post. As many of you know, we've had a big change since then. We are expecting our 2nd baby ANY day now. I thought I would try to start this back up to update family and friends of our new little guy and us settling into our new life as a family of 4. Hopefully I will be able to post more from my phone as well since I have that on me pretty much all the time.

I was super sick again with this pregnancy, from about 5 weeks until 26 weeks, it was a daily battle. That takes a lot out of you, especially with a toddler running around. Other than that, everything has gone great! We are expecting another boy. Colton knows there is a baby in mommy's belly and has recently been telling him to come out! Haha! Super cute! When I was pregnant with Colton, I was much more wide, I swelled quite a bit in the 3rd trimester and you could really tell weight gain pretty much all over my body. With this little guy, I am straight out, I haven't really had any swelling (still wearing my wedding rings) and people say I don't look pregnant anywhere other than my belly. It's funny how pregnancies can be SO different, even with the same gender. I am VERY ready for him to greet us.

Colton turned 2, Sept 29. TWO!! I can't even believe it!! It's been so fun watching him every day and seeing all the new things he is learning. His vocabulary has picked up a lot. He does such a good job at communicating with us. Yes, some words don't sound like what they really mean, but we know what he's talking about. We still don't know if he's going to be a lefty or a righty. He switches off, but I think that's normal. For his birthday, he got a basketball goal, tball set, gold clubs, football and soccer ball. We've been teaching him how to play each one. He likes to shoot the basketball, then clap for himself when he makes it. Too cute!

Anyway, like I said, I hope to be able to keep this going and keep people updated about the new changes. I'm just waiting for some consistent contractions. I've been having them on and off since 33 weeks. I think he's just comfortable in there...obviously.

Have a great evening! Hope you enjoy reading again.

Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment