Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Reunion

This past Saturday, I had a little reunion with some high school friends. I talk to Rachel quite often and she has a little girl that's 8 months old. However, Amy, I haven't seen since Rachel's wedding in June of 2009. Amy moved to Nebraska our senior year of high school. So Amy was in town for the weekend visiting her parents.

So Saturday evening, Rachel had us over to her house. Adam, the boys and I headed over there. Amy and her little girl came and we hung out with Rachel and John and little Annabelle. We let the kiddos play and we all chatted. Adam and John decided they had enough of our girl talk, so they went to watch basketball. Amy, Rachel and I talked and talked and it felt like we had never been apart. Also, this night, there was a Norman High v Norman North alumni football game. So around 830, Adam took the boys home and Amy, Rachel and I went to the game. A little walk down memory lane. It was SO cold outside though!!! However, that didn't stop us from having fun. After the game, we went back to Rachel's and talked some more. About 11:00 we were all beat. I was joking saying that we must be old to be tired at 11:00. I guess that's what happens when you have kids and have responsibilities. Ha! It was seriously so much fun to hang out with them!! We both miss Amy and of course tried talking her into moving back. I don't think it worked though.

Rachel and I have said we need to hang out so much more! I mean, she lives pretty close. We keep making plans to get together, but stuff always comes up. Not happening anymore! It was a great time and I hope Amy comes back for our 10 year reunion in July or August.







No comments:

Post a Comment