Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Weekend visitors

Not this past weekend but the weekend before, our friends from Wisconsin came down. They got here Thursday evening and they just so happen to pick the best few days to be here because of the weather!!

They got here Thursday evening and we ordered pizza and hung out. Friday, Adam, Matt and Jamie had a tee time at 1:00. Adam hasn't golfed in 4-5 years and Matt and Jamie golf kind of frequently. So while they golfed, I took the two little guys and Kirby and Lacy to the zoo. I knew before going, it would be packed because it was the Friday of spring break and the weather was gorgeous! Ohhh it was packed!!! And walking around with that many people and pushing a stroller, it got hot quick. It was in the 80s though. We stayed for about an hour 1/2 and the boys were getting tired and their little cheeks were red. We left and grabbed a late lunch, at sonic. Lacy and Kirby had never been to a sonic. They don't have those up there. The guys got home a couple hours later and we grilled out.

Saturday, they all wanted to go to the Oklahoma City Memorial Museum. Adam has been a handful of times but I had never been. I was young when it happened but I remember everything on the news. At the time, I didn't understand the magnitude of what had happened. But now, I obviously completely know what happened. I had never been because I knew it would be hard to see all of that. We had a late breakfast and headed to the city. When we started walking up, I was overcome with emotion. We walked outside and looking at all the chairs, my eyes kept watering. We then went inside to the museum. There are 3 floors and you start at the third and make your way down. We got up to the third floor and started looking and my eyes just kept watering. I never let myself cry. Knowing that little kids in day care lost their lives really hits me. I can't even in my wildest dreams imagine losing one of my kids. Seeing the pictures of all their sweet faces was so sad. Of course, knowing many more people lost their lives is so sad as well! The boys started getting antsy, so we quickly walked through and waited for everyone else outside. The museum is put together very well. I love that the proceeds from the memorial marathon go to the museum. In 2011 when I ran in it, it was so amazing to see people running and they had a bib saying "running in memory of...". I really enjoyed running with thousands of people. It was such a great experience and I knew I wanted to do it again this year. A couple days later, I signed up to run the 5k.

Anyway...back to the weekend. After we left the memorial, we took them to S&N burger. Ohhhh yum!!!!! This place is so good!!!! After that, we came home and we hung out outside because it was such a nice day. We played corn hole, as some people call it. That evening, we had a pretty strong cold front come through, so we came inside and just had sandwiches and queso since we had such a big and late lunch.

Sunday morning, they took off to head back to Wisconsin around 945. It was a short trip but we all had a good time. We were so glad that they came down to see us and hang out! Colton was so sad to see them leave. He still asks where Matt and Jamie are, even a week later.

Hopefully we will get to see them all again when we go to Wisconsin over Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time and hope they did too!!
I wish I had taken more pictures though.





No comments:

Post a Comment