Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa

Last weekend, Adams parents came to visit. They got here on Thursday evening, so we didn't have plans except for them to play with the boys. Friday morning, Adam came home from work and we decided to go to the science museum. Well, little did we know, schools were out that day. Which meant the science museum was PACKED! But we were able to do some things and Colton had fun, so that's all that mattered. Afterwards, we were all hungry, so we took them to our favorite burger joint...S&B Burgers. Oh my yum! I love that place!!! Soooo good!!

Of course after all of that, the boys were tired, so it was nap time. Later that evenings, we grilled out and played with the boys some more.

Saturday, Adam had to work again. So after getting up and around, we all went to visit Adam at his station. They had never been and since he was on shift, it was the perfect time to go. We stayed there for a little bit as he showed them around. On our way back home, we stopped at another one of our favorites, Chick-fil-a. Thankfully, the weather was starting to warm up, so they played outside with Colton, while Corbin napped. After Corbin woke up, he went outside with them too and I was able to clean the house a little. After dinner that night, it was time to wind down a little early because I was running the 5k in the Memorial Marathon the next morning.

Sunday morning, I got up around 4:40 to get ready. Usually, Corbin is a good sleeper, so I had fed him around 4, but as I was getting ready, he woke up. Not like a little stirring, but he was WIDE awake. I tried and tried to get him back to sleep but it was not happening. I finished getting ready and went to get Mary so she could watch Corbin so I could leave. I left around 5:20 to head to the city, we ran around 7 and was back home by 8:15. Shortly after I got home, they had to leave.

We had a great weekend with them and are so glad they got to come down to see the boys. We'll be heading up to Wisconsin for Memorial Day weekend, so we'll see them again soon!
















No comments:

Post a Comment