Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

This past Sunday was Mother's Day. We started the day with going on a long walk since it was such a pretty day. After our walk, we took Colton to play at a park near by. Our whole day was spent outside for the most part. Once we got home, we sat in our back yard and let the boys play until it was nap time. Adam and I made dinner and after we are, we took the boys on a walk around the park and let them play for a while again and my family joined us. It was a laid back day, spent with my family and it was just perfect. 

I don't need anything special. The smiles, hugs, kisses, "I love you momma", playing, and the joy I see on their faces when they see something new or discover something, is what makes being a mom special to me. These things happen daily. Yes, we have rough days, but who doesn't? I just look at them and think how blessed I am that God chose ME to be their mom. How did I get so lucky?? Being a mom is the most rewarding, challenging, amazing, thing I have ever done and I wouldn't change a second of it. I love watching them grow every day. 

Of course, I wouldn't be a mom if it weren't for my mom. I am so very thankful for her. I understand her love and worry for me and my siblings, that I never understood before having my own kids. It's a love like no other. She would do anything for us and I would do the same for her. 

Mother's Day is a day that shouldn't be celebrated just one day a year. I feel the love from my kids every day, so therefore, every day is like Mother's Day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment