Saturday, May 4, 2013

Memorial Marathon

Last Sunday, Betsy and I ran in the memorial marathon 5k. This was her first race and she did great!! Crystal rode up to the city with me, but she was running the half, so we didn't get to run with her. Once we got to the city, we met Betsy and got in her car to find a parking spot closer to the starting line. We parked, walked towards the race, took a couple pictures, then parted ways with Crystal. I always get race jitters! I don't know why because I really enjoy running in races and supporting whatever cause the money goes to for a race.

The marathon and half marathon people started at 6:30. Around 6:50, the 5k was able to start. There was SO many people there! It's absolutely amazing to see! There were at least 24,000 runners, and Oklahoma City had invited the Boston Marathon runners that weren't able to complete the race, to come run in our marathon, for free. I know some ran in it, but not sure on the exact number of people who came.

So Betsy and I ran and we only walked up the couple of hills that were on the course. We did really well, I thought. We decided that next year, we're running the half. We ran, got our medals and walked to her car, so she could take me back to my car. Our parking strategy worked out really well!

We had a ton of fun and I've already signed up for my next race...June 1, for Limbs for Life. Betsy is running it as well! So excited!! I love running in races, even though I'm not super fast, but I'm working on it!









No comments:

Post a Comment