Monday, October 7, 2013

3 years old

Ummm we have a THREE (3) year old!!! How can that be?? Where does the time go?? It makes me sad that he's already 3 but he is SO much fun! His personality shines more and more each day. 

Weight: 34 pounds
Height: 38.5 in which translates to 3.5 ft
Clothes: he's teetering on 4T. He has long legs...like his momma 😊
Shoe size: 10

He is talking a lot more clear now and really talking a lot. For a while, he didn't talk a whole lot. And actually, just in the 2 days he has been in MDO, I have noticed a difference in how much he talks and the clarity is better. As any kid, he doesn't like to share a whole lot, but we are working on that. He LOVES to play with other kids. 

He has changed so much in the past year, which is expected. But I catch myself staring at his face and just smiling...thinking gosh, he's getting so big and how stinking cute he is. Of course I'm going to think that because he's my son. 

He likes to run around, play in dirt, throw rocks, throw balls, play with trucks/cars/trains, climb and jump, look at bugs...pretty typical boy stuff really. He can be a handful sometimes but he is so sweet. He's a definite mommas boy and of course I love it. But he likes being just like dad too. 

He's still pretty picky about food. I think it's easier to say what he does like than what he doesn't like. I try to give him good options when I make him lunch but it drives me crazy when he says "I don't like that" when 2 days ago, he loved it. Kids. Hopefully he will start liking other things soon. We try to reintroduce foods after a while. 

I look forward to seeing how he changes between 3 & 4. Before we know it, he'll be starting preK. As for now, we will enjoy watching him be a boy and watch him become his own person, watching his personality come out more and more each day. He is an absolute blessing and I love him more than he will ever know. I love his cuddles and when he says "I love you". I'll miss those one day. He has the sweetest laugh and voice. He's so quiet and calm...until he gets too tired or is really comfortable in his surroundings. 

Now I'm going to take my sweet, exhausted 3 year old to bed so he can get nice and rested for his 3rd day of MDO tomorrow! 






No comments:

Post a Comment