Saturday, October 26, 2013

Exciting Change

As some may know, we put our house up for sale late July, had a contract on the house 3 weeks later and closed 25 days after that (Sept 13). During the first week we were under contract, we quickly tried to find a house. Well we knew we weren't going to find our next house that quickly, so we put it on hold and tried to find something temporary...a rent house or apartment. We wanted to save a little and we learned that renting a house was more than we paid in mortgage, so that went out the window. Then the hunt for an apartment was on. Little did I know how hard it would be. We had a few things playing against us...people were still out of homes from when the tornado hit in May and school had just started back, and some didn't accept pets. 

Finally we found one...except it wouldn't be available until a week after we closed on our house. Which meant we had to stay with family for a few days. It also meant, we had to get a storage building, move EVERYTHING we owned in there then just move only what we would need to the next few months, into the apt. 

We moved in, unpacked, and started house hunting. Ohhhhh how I do not like house hunting. I felt so defeated. Living in a tiny apartment with 2 kids was wearing on me, even after a week. We were constantly on the go trying to find our next home. This went on for about a month. I didn't feel like myself, I was averaging one home cooked meal a week and I couldn't stand being in the apartment. FINALLY, we found a new neighborhood, in the shook district we so badly wanted to be in, found a lot and house plan. 

We signed a contract to build our next house, on 10/18. Oh my goodness...I felt like a weight had been lifted. I instantly felt better...things seemed brighter (cheesy sounding, I know), but I honestly felt SO much better. 

We will close on our new house in April. I am beyond thrilled to be in this cute neighborhood! We get to pick everything out. I can't wait to move and get established before Colton starts school. I'm so excited about this new chapter!!! This house will be very "us". I can't wait to watch our boys grow up in this community. I will be posting pictures as our house is being built 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment