Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's been a while

Well out family has been through A LOT the past 3-4 weeks. I'll touch on that more later. This week was a biggie for Mr Colton! He turned THREE (3!!!!)  and he started "school", which is a children's day out. I'll talk about school in this post. We have him enrolled 2 days a week, so he goes every Tuesday and Thursday, from 9-2, that Norman public schools are in session. Tuesday was the first day and we had been talking to him about it. He picked out a backpack and lunch box. He was so excited!! Well we dropped him off Tuesday...I took him to play and slowly backed up. I could see him start to look for me, so I got out of there before he noticed. 

We get to the car and I just started crying. Of course, Adam is laughing at me because I'm crying! Yes I cried!! I felt so bad for just leaving without saying bye but I knew if I did, he would have a melt down. Adam reminded me that it was good for Colton...and me. Ha! 

The day seemed so long until we could go pick him up. I knew that since I didn't have a phone call telling me to come get him, it must have been going well. At 1:45, they have a snack and we were there a tad early because I just couldn't wait any longer, so at 1:52 we were walking in. He was sitting at the table with the other kids, eating his snack. He saw us and ran over. I almost cried again. His teacher said he had a couple crying moments but for it being his first time, he did really well. 

They learned the letter "F", did a craft, learned about listening to your heart, played outside and he said he had fun!! He told me about the friends he made. 

I had a feeling, today would be different since he knew the drill. He told me last night he cried at school because I left. Talk about break my heart! I told him mommies don't stay while kids are at school and playing. I was right about today...we pulled in the parking lot and he started crying. He cried all the way in. I basically had to hand him to a teacher and run. I didn't have a phone call, so I knew he was ok. Today, when we picked him up, he just looked at us and continued to eat his snack. Ha! He finally came and gave us a hug, then said he wanted to go back and eat. 

He had fun again today, so that's great!! He named off the same kids that he said on Tuesday. He told us all about his day and says he likes going! Yay! I'm so glad it's a success!! I know the next few drop offs will be rough but I know he's in good hands and having fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment