Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's almost Christmas!

It's finally starting to feel like Christmas around here. Friday afternoon, I picked up my cousin Sami from the airport. She is currently working a job where her training has sent her around the country for 10 weeks in each place. She's now in Utah, but will be placed at a location in February. Anyway...I picked her up and we had a little "us" time. We went to the mall (why oh why?!?) and to get a mani/pedi. I now have festive red sparkly fingers and toes.

After our mani/pedi, we came back to my house to relieve Adam. I made dinner and we had a couple glasses of wine while chatting. Her brother and twin sister, left Saturday morning like waaaaaay early, picked up her boyfriend (who is coming to OK for the first time) and drove through the night. They live in Florida, so they had a long drive ahead of them.

Saturday morning, we got up and I got the kids ready and we headed to my grandparents house in Henryetta. I was just staying for the day, but that's where her and her family always stay when they come to OK. Last night, around 9, the rest of the floridians finally made it. Sadly, I was already home. BUT we are headed the tomorrow to spend the day and do Christmas with that whole side of the family. I absolutely LOVE it!!!! So much yummy food and hanging out with family all day. My cousins are my best friends and like sisters to me. I love seeing them!

Tuesday will be spent at my moms and then Wednesday, we are headed BACK to Henryetta because my uncle and cousin can't come until Christmas night, so they will get to open their gifts and we're doing a big Christmas dinner that day. So the next 3 days are going to be filled with LOTS and LOTS of yummy food! I can't wait!!!

I'm super excited to see Colton open gifts this year! And I'm so incredibly thankful to have Corbin with us. Our family is complete and I can't wait to start making traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment