Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Baby update

Last Thursday thru yesterday (Tuesday), were honestly the most stressful days in my 2 years and 3 months of being a mom. Colton didn't get sick until he was 10 months old. Yes, I was worried then, but it wasn't really stressful. And of course, he's been sick plenty of times since then.

I was not prepared for have our 2 1/2 month baby, to get sick. I was definitely not prepared for them to both be sick at the same time. What I was really not prepared for...the wheezing from Corbin, having to bottle feed him so I could keep track of his intake and counting his breathing. I have never felt so helpless in my life.

Thursday, we went to see the PA and they were diagnosed with RSV but told he was good. Friday, he was worse. The coughing and wheezing was much worse. We took him to minor emergency and by the time we got there, his wheezing had calmed down and they too, told us he was fine and would have to cycle through it. Saturday was worse again. He had all that gunk in his chest and when he would try to cough it up and swallow, he would gag and choke. Sunday was much of the same. No improvement. Monday, we decided if he wasn't better, we would take him back in. Monday morning rolled around and at first he sounded good. Then he started coughing and it sounded like he was breathing gravel, still wheezing, still sounding bad. I called to make an appt and requested we actually see his dr.

Appt time came and I cannot say enough how much I love our pediatrician!!! He actually talks to you and listens. He checked Corbin out and we ended leaving with a prescription for an inhaler and steroid, then told us what we could get to help with congestion. Ahhhh, soooo much better!

Tuesday morning came and he sounded SO much better than he had. Still not normal, but definitely better. He was smiling and cooing and much like his old self. Today is even better. Thank goodness for a dr that will listen to you and try to help.

I was so worried about our little guy. Making sure he stayed hydrated, I would try to feed him every 30 min to hour because he was only eating 1/2 an oz, which was so not like him!

I'm sure you're wondering about Colton too. He did well with being sick. There was a day he really didn't feel well but other than that, he's been a champ. He still has a cough and runny nose, but no more fever and he's much more himself as well.

I'm so glad they're both feeling better! I felt so helpless and it was awful. I am so incredibly thankful for our family for checking on us and bringing us food because there was absolutely no going anywhere and not much time for cooking. It helped so much!

Thank goodness they're getting better! But now I have a head cold. Ha! It was inevitable though. And thankfully it's not respiratory. Anyway, that's our update. Enjoy your evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment