Saturday, January 26, 2013

Breckenridge pt 1

We left for Colorado Thursday morning around 930. Our goal was to get to Denver and finish the drive Friday. The boys did seriously awesome and we made it to Denver, got a hotel and let the boys stretch out.

Friday morning, we got up, got ready and met up with the rest of my family. They got a later start on Thursday and got to Denver pretty late Thursday night. The drive from Denver was pretty short and once we saw the mountains, we were in awe! It was absolutely gorgeous!!!

We got to our room, which was more like an apartment...3 bedroom, 3 bath, living and kitchen. The view from our balcony was gorgeous as well. I could just stare at it all the time. Beautiful!! Anyway, we all decided we were hungry, so we walked to a place called Eric's. It was a pretty neat little restaurant and really good!!! Adam and I both got their meatball sub and it was pretty tasty. After lunch, my cousin, Sami was about to meet us there, so we all headed back and we put the kiddos down for a nap. When they were napping, everyone went to get their ski rentals and lift tickets, Sami and I got the chili going for dinner and had a glass of wine whole we chatted.

That afternoon, after everyone got back, we decided to go snow tubing. Snow tubing was about 15 min away from where we were staying. We got all bundled up and hopped in the car. We only had about an hour to snow tube before they closed, but that was enough. My mom started inside with Corbin for a while and Adam and I took Colton up the hill. He started out loving the tube! Adam was pulling him around and he had the biggest smile on his face. Soooo we were able to all hold on to each others tubes and go together. It started out great and Colton LOVED it. Then it got rough and he was bounced down in his tube and couldn't get back up. I could see the fear in his eyes and my heart just broke for him because I knew he was so scared. We got to the bottom and he started calling for dad. Adam got him out and he did NOT want to get back in it. Poor guy! I felt so bad for him!! After that, Adam stayed at the bottom with Colton while I went up with Sami and Maddie. Snow tubing was a lot of fun!! I wish I had more pictures of it.

We got back from tubing and ate chili and just hung out and relaxed. The next day was a big one for everyone! Some first time skiers! Sami ended up bringing a twin blow up mattress and putting it in our closet, which was hilarious!!

I'll be back with more of our trip. This is already getting lengthy.

















No comments:

Post a Comment